Obtain a fulfilling position designing technological solutions that delight end-users, developers, and executives alike.
Lead Designer & Developer
www.brainscanr.com - December 2010 – Present
- Designed first of it’s kind neuroscience term relationship visualization and article search engine.
- Implemented agile development practices to ensure first to market advantage, and to promote responsiveness to user needs in iterative design and development.
- ~ 13,000 page views in first three weeks of operation, > 25% repeat visitors.
Tutor for Graduate Course: “Information Systems and Service Design”
Professor Robert Glushko, University of California, Berkeley - August 2010 – December 2010
- Consultant for the successful completion of student-designed service systems (environmental, electronic publishing, academic, and transportation domains).
- Advised design teams on the use of various service design strategies including competitor analysis, rapid ethnography, service blueprinting and prototyping.
User Experience Designer
Student Services, University of California, Berkeley - June 2010 – August 2010
- Designed user experience for UC Berkeley’s first web portal (My Berkeley).
- Advised cross-departmental collaborative team on the needs of graduate students.
Web Developer, Designer, and Consultant
Girl Scouts Greater Los Angeles - June 2010 – August 2010
- Quickly revitalized failing website (between Sept. and Oct. of 2010, site generated over 130,000 page views )
- Developed systems to allow non-technical staff members to update and maintain website.
- Advised small non-profit in the use of smart technologies to stretch their limited resources.
Information Services Manager
Girl Scouts of Northern California - February 2008 – September 2010
- Developed content-managed, database-driven website applications that allow non-technical staff to update and maintain websites.
- Developed and implemented first of its kind online Girl Scout Cookie Finder that generated over 20,000 unique visitors in six weeks, and that is now being copied all over the country.
- Developed an online training system for Girl Scout volunteers that has been used by over 8,000 people and allows new troops to be formed in days rather than weeks.
- Lead website integration project combining five legacy council sites into one.
Webmaster & Database System Administrator, Interim Information Technology Manager
Girl Scouts of San Francisco Bay Area - June 2005 – February 2008
- Managed IT contractors responsible for desktop support and maintenance of servers.
- Co-Chaired the Information Technology Integration Team for the merger of 5 Girl Scout councils.
- Lead website redesign and implemented virtual cookie sale.
- Trained non-technical volunteers and staff to use membership database system, and advocated for improved usability and accessibility.
Boehm-Ritter, Inc - January 2005 – June 2005
- Designed and coded front-end of cosmetics e-commerce site and direct online marketing.
- Developed strategies for marketing new products.
Lead Web/Graphic Designer
Reunion.com - October 2003 – October 2004
- Designed and coded front-end of social networking website.
- Designed weekly email update that increased revenue over 25% during a 3-month period.
- Developed new graphic identity program.
ISD Web Services, University of Southern California - August 1999 – October 2003
- Designed and updated graphical, and textual content of University websites.
Master of Information Management and Systems (2011)
University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
Bachelor of Arts in Communication (2003); Minor in Communication Arts and Graphics
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Adult Girl Scout Honor Pin (June 2007) - Awarded to adult Girl Scout volunteers whose service is outstanding, above and beyond expectations of the position held and contributes to the Council's goals and objectives.